Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1-15 Menu

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! The last year has been full of ups and downs. Because of this, I am excited to start a new one, and am hopeful that it will be a better one, without so many roller coaster moments.

So what does my hand have to do with the new year, or my menu plan? Absolutely nothing. LOL! My sister-in-law got a home gel nail kit for Christmas, so we did our nails today. Supposedly it will last for two weeks. We shall see, as I am pretty hard on my hands.

 
(L-R: Phillip holding Freddie, Preston, Connor, Maddie, Carson and Wally)


Tonight we have 5 of our nephews and one of our nieces here at the house, ranging in age from 9 1/2 months to 11 years. We have been having fun. We had dinner, ate snacks, watched TV...bedtime in 15 minutes!

Ok...Menu...

1/1 - At Mother-in-law's house
1/2 - Chicken with black beans, chips and salsa
1/3 - Tuna patties, mac & cheese, canned potatoes
1/4 - Eat out
1/5 - Crock pot cabbage rolls, peas, bread & butter
1/6 - Leftovers
1/7 - Chicken parmigiana, cream cheese corn, garlic bread
1/8 - Steak, creamed corn, baked potatoes
1/9 - Chicken with wild rice
1/10 - Waffles
1/11 - Eat out for my birthday (Cracker Barrel)
1/12 - Crock pot lasagna, garlic bread
1/13 - Leftovers
1/14 - Taco salad
1/15 - Chicken enchiladas, Mexican rice

If you saw my last menu, you'll see some of the recipes repeated this time. I have to admit that I failed miserably with my last menu plan. With Christmas and New Year's coming up, we were invited to so many places, that many of the nights I wasn't home to cook what was on the menu. So...I already had the ingredients, and they showed up here. This saved me bunches of money with my grocery shopping on New Year's eve.

And by the way...grocery shopping on New Year's eve when it's snowing is NOT a fun time to be out and about. Just saying...

I hope and pray that you all have a wonderful upcoming year. Let's strive to make 2013 the best that it can be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment