Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Car Issues

I love my "new" vehicle, which was a generous gift from a family member. I've been driving it since mid-November, and have loved every second of it. With cruise control, a CD player, and a sun-roof, I've felt like I was moving up in the world. LOL!

But late last week it started making a funny noise, and after taking it to the shop found out it needs a few hundred dollars worth of work. Thankfully, the Lord has provided a way to get it taken care of, but it's always a pain in the wallet when vehicles decide to start acting up.

Last night I was grumbling about having to pay to get it worked on, and then realized I was forgetting my blessings. The car was provided during a time when I had absolutely no money, and we were trying to figure out what to do. I've run it for a couple of months now, and if it had to have work done, now's the time to do it, with our tax refund around the corner. If it had broken down any other time of the year, I don't know what we would have done.

All in all, I'm thankful for the vehicle (and the dear folks who gave it to us), and I'm thankful that we will have the means to get it repaired. While it's never good to have car problems, sometimes it's better to just focus on the positive aspects, so that's what I'm choosing to do. I have too much other stress in my life to focus on these things, and I am bound and determined to try to make 2013 a year of focusing on the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment