Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls

Thanks for your request for this recipe, Amber R. They are one of my husband's favorites. I hope you enjoy them!

CROCK POT CABBAGE ROLLS
1 large head of cabbage
3/4 cup cooked rice
2 lbs. ground beef
1 egg
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 can tomato soup
1 can (14.5 oz.) tomatoes
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
salt and pepper to taste

Remove whole cabbage leaves from head, and scald in gently boiling water for a few minutes. Remove to clean towels/paper towels to cool and drain. Mix meat, rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Place a scant 1/4 cup of meat mixture  into cabbage leaf. Fold in sides and roll. Secure with toothpick and place in crock pot. Repeat until all of mixture is used. Mix tomatoes, soup, cinnamon, salt and pepper. Pour over cabbage rolls. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

I usually serve this with a vegetable (mashed potatoes works well), and a bread. So yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I've made cabbage rolls before and we love them, but I've never made them in the crockpot. I'm going to have to try this one soon! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really yummy! I know you'll enjoy them!

      Delete