Thursday, December 27, 2012

Why Bother?

Did you ever spend hours doing this...


 
And this....
 

And this...



With the satisfaction of knowing that your house looked like this:


Just to turn around and find it had already been messed up again and looked like this?!?!?


I do that a lot. And this is what I do...



I'm thinking about getting a sign like this, and just forgetting the whole thing!


So there you go...

Maybe a little bit of exaggeration in there when it comes to the messy house part. But it's how I feel my house looks sometimes. And I am tired and frustrated.

There's no lesson here. No tips. No recipes. Just showing you how I feel. Erg.

7 comments:

  1. Right there with you. I was just thinking today as I cleaned truck loads of toys and shoes and jammies out of the living room for the 13th time this week, that the only way I will ever have a beautiful, clean house is if I live alone. Not sure it's worth the trade off. Chin up! It can't be this way forever right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be an exaggeration, but I enjoyed it. It's where I live! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Amanda! That is exactly the state in which I live. I call the disaster zone. :) Thanks for sharing.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I NEED that sign. I feel that way a lot too. I read in a Bible study that our families won't remember how clean the house was, but they sure will remember if we freaked out every time they mess it up.
    I still try to keep it clean, but remind myself of that when the clutter starts making me crazy.
    I loved this post!
    JenQuon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you read in your Bible study is so true, Jennifer. Sometimes it's hard to not freak out (and I won't lie and say I haven't), but I try to take a deep breath, count to 10 and start over again. Thanks for sharing, Jen.

      Delete