Thursday, December 13, 2012

Menu Plan for December 16th - 31st

(The shopping list I use - See explanation below)

12/16 - Leftovers
12/17 - Patty Melts, Fries, Snickerdoodles
12/18 - Pasta with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes, Garlic Bread
12/19 - Taco Salad
12/20 - Orange Cinnamon French Toast, Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
12/21 - Eat Out
12/22 - Crockpot Cabbage Rolls, Peas, Bread & Butter
12/23 - Leftovers
12/24 - Christmas Eve @ Grammy's House (Take something. Not sure what yet.)
12/25 - Christmas @ Mother-in-law's House (Take something. Not sure what yet.)
12/26 - Chicken Enchiladas, Mexican Rice
12/27 - Waffles
12/28 - Eat Out
12/29 - Cowboy Stew, Biscuits
12/30 - Leftovers
12/31 - New Year's Eve @ James and Dee's House (Take somethng. Not sure what yet.)

I still need to put something together to take to our 3 party's, but those will most likely be dessert items, and if so, I always have ingredients on hand for that.

Above is a copy of the grocery list I use. It's seperated out by category: produce, dairy, meat, canned foods, frozen, sweets & snacks, baking, bread/cereal, dry food, condiments, beverages, health/beauty, paper products, cleaning and miscellaneous. It's so great, because I put together my menu plan. I then go back and put together the grocery list based on those recipes. Lastly, I add things that I need that aren't on my recipes (shampoo, cleaning products, etc.) I usually shop at Aldi and Wal-Mart, so I generally make two of them...one for each grocery store. That way, I go through the store, and I get everything I need in each aisle. There's never any need to go back somewhere for a forgotten item. It's GREAT! If you'd like a copy let me know, and I'd be happy to send you one.

Happy menu planning and shopping!!!

5 comments:

  1. I would love to have a copy! Thanks Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like a copy of the list, too. Can you make a PDF of it? It's just a thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea how to do that. But maybe I can scan and e-mail it? Not sure, but I'll either do that or mail you a copy...

      Delete
  3. Am sitting down to work on my January 2013 menus. Thanks for being an inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete