Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snowed-in In Kansas City

It's cold and snowy outside, but in my house it's nice and warm, and wafting through the air is the smell of one of my favorite cold-weather breakfasts/brunches/snacks of all time...

Hot orange scones with orange butter and hot tea! :)

I made a big batch of scones this morning, and they were so yummy. There is just something comforting about sitting down with a hot cup of tea and a tasty treat, while you watch the snow falling outside.

Our electricity blinked out several times during the night, but at least we aren't in the 50,000+ people who lost power completely. The snow is so heavy that limbs have fallen on power lines, and I know of at least one person who had pretty much a whole tree come down on their house. The roads were so slick that there were at least 8 snow plows off in ditches early this morning. I'm glad I didn't leave my house. If the snow plows are ending up in ditches, what chance to the rest of us have?

The roads are looking more passable now, so I'm sure that by tomorrow they will be all cleaned up and ready to go. I'm going to enjoy the last few hours of today snuggled up with my wonderful husband playing games and watching movies. You all have a warm, happy and safe afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful day in the city. Wish I was there and could join you for tea and scones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad that I paid the tree trimmers to take down the branches that were hanging over our house last year. We have two huge branches down in our front yard, but they could have gone through our roof.

    ReplyDelete