Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas time is here....

The Christmas season has hit with full force, and I was SO FAR BEHIND this year that it was ridiculous! However, I now feel that I am (sorta!) on track again.

The special event came and went, and then I realized it was time to go visit family in south Missouri, and I hadn't even STARTED my shopping yet.

I flew around and got what I needed to make it through last weekend, and headed to south Missouri for family Christmas....2 days ahead of schedule. I got to spend 2 days with my sister, and even got to bake Christmas cookies with her (we figured up that it's been at least 8 years if not more since we've done that)! I also got to spend a couple days with my parents, and we had a great time with the whole family.

I got back on Sunday afternoon, and since then have gotten a lot done. The decorating of the house is finally complete, as of today. There are even a couple of presents under the tree. I did some shopping today, and have finished up everything but a few items that I need to get for Phillip, as well as a few items for his stocking (does anyone know where to get lumps of coal? LOL!), but his big present is taken care of. I'd tell you what I got him, but then he'd probably decide to read my blog for once. Haha. I also got most of the Christmas cards finished, and thanks to sister-in-law Debbie for taking them to the post office, they will go in the mail tomorrow morning. Cleaning and laundry were also taken care of today.

So what's on the agenda now? Menu planning for the second half of December! I will be getting started on that tonight as soon as I get done blogging, but someone asked if I would start posting my menus, as well as my methods for menu planning, so here goes....

My method for menu planning is simple. This is the schedule that works best for me (although I alter it as necessary). It can be rearranged as needed to fit your life.

Monday - Quick meal as I get home from work and Phillip has to leave shortly afterwards
Tuesday - Cooking regular meal
Wednesday - Cooking regular meal
Thursday - Cooking regular meal
Friday - Eat out
Saturday - Crockpot meal
Sunday - Leftovers

I really only cook 4 days a week, and one of those meals is quick and easy (grilled cheese and soup, etc.). The crockpot meal I put together on Friday night so all I have to do is turn it on Saturday morning. This makes life very simple.

As far as my menu? I will post December 1st - 15th tonight, and the rest after I menu plan later. Please note that I got chicken on sale, so there are A LOT of chicken recipes on this menu. LOL. Phillip will be glad to not have to eat so much chicken in a few days. :)

12/1 - Christmas on the Farm - No cooking
12/2 - Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots, bread & butter
12/3 - Savory chicken stew with dumplings
12/4 - 3-cheese stuffed shells, peas, garlic bread
12/5 - Chicken with black beans, chips & salsa
12/6 - Orange cinnamon french toast (I don't eat breakfast, so occasionally eat breakfast for supper)
12/7 to 12/9 - In southern Missouri with family - No cooking
12/10 - Chicken parmagiana, cream cheese corn, garlic bread
12/11 - Chicken with rice and mushrooms, baby carrots
12/12 - Chicken with wild rice, bread & butter
12/13 - Baked pork chops, fried potatoes, mixed veggies
12/14 - Eat out
12/15 - Heather & Jeremy's Christmas Party - Take a pumpkin cheesecake

If you would like any of the recipes above, please let me know and I will post them. As for December 16th - 31st...I don't know what that holds yet, but we shall soon see. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment