Sunday, November 18, 2012

TOO MUCH TO DO!!!

Oh my goodness...do you ever feel this way, or am I completely alone? I feel so overwhelmed right now. I have so much to get done this week, and now I am a day behind because of my day yesterday. What happened yesterday?

I woke up at 3:45 a.m., completely and utterly nauseous. I barely made it to the bathroom in time to "toss my cookies" (another one of those phrases that I have no idea where it came from). I went to bed, and woke up when the alarm went off. I got ready for work, but other than still being nauseous, felt completely fine. About halfway through the work day I started getting light-headed, and the nausea never went away. I got home from work in the evening, and felt so awful that I immediately went and crawled in bed at 5:30 p.m. At 8:00 p.m. I woke up with a 100.2 degree temperature. I took some Tylenol and monitored it. By 10:00 p.m. the fever broke and I finally went back to sleep. I woke up this morning feeling just fine.

It was a wierd mystery illness, and I have no idea what caused it. I'm glad it didn't last long. But it was just long enough to delay everything.

So now, here I sit, wondering how in the world I'm going to get everything done this week?!?!?! Tomorrow night I'm going to start cleaning my house. Tuesday night I have to finish the cleaning, because Wednesday I have the first of my company arriving, I have to go get the new vehicle (which I should have by then!!!) tagged and licensed, and I have to get started with my cooking and baking.

Will it all get done? Of course it will. It always does. I just don't know how it does sometimes.

And now, for a few household tips...

With the holidays coming we all want our houses to look and smell fresh, as well as be aesthetically pleasing. Here are some ideas to help with that.

*Spray a bit of perfume on the light bulb in any room to create a lovely light scent in each room when the light is turned on. (A very small amount will do the trick. Best to put a little, and add more later, than to put too much, and have it so strong that you can't handle it!)

*Place fabric softener sheets in dresser drawers and your clothes will smell freshly washed for weeks to come. You can also do this with towels and linen.

*Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at least 3 hours prior to burning.

*To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag and add the flowers. Shake vigorously so the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt and leave your artificial flowers looking like new!

*Use air-freshener to clean mirrors. It does a good job and better still, leaves a lovely smell to the shine.

Happy cleaning!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Am so glad you're feeling better. Don't overdo it on the cleaning, cooking, and baking. Everything will be just fine and we'll have a good time no matter what. The main thing is...we'll be together! Thanks for the household tips. I sure am enjoying your blog! Keep up the good work!

    Love,
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overdo it? Me? You must be joking...right?! LOL!!!!

      Delete
  2. So happy to see you feeling yourself again. I was so afraid to tall or eat in front of you on Saturday. Thanks for the tips. Happy bakin!

    ReplyDelete