Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Well, Fall is in the air and as we near Thanksgiving my mind turns to thoughts of my upcoming feast. Every year I spend the week before thanksgiving cleaning and double checking my menu and grocery shopping and taking care of needed repairs around the house in preparation for the big day. The pumpkin dishes magically appear (my husband is disappointed that, as of yet, I still haven't found time to pull them out yet) and the smell of baked goods permeate the air. This is my absolute favorite time of the year.

And...it's the ONLY holiday that I get to host with my family. My mom, dad and little brother who still lives at home comes, and sometimes one of my other siblings will bring their family. I long for the day when I will have a home big enough to host for my whole family, but that is a total of about 26 people, just on my side (just immediate family). :) I am thankful for all of them, and wish that they all lived closer. It's so much fun having a big family!

My husband also has a big family. There are about 25 people in his immediate family.

Speaking of my husband...he's the top item on my list of things to be thankful for. I feel bad for all of the ladies out there, because I truly do have the best man in the world. He's so loving and giving. Recently, I have been trying to find lots of new recipes, and it makes him a little nervous at times, but he puts up with me, and even tries to make me feel better when I find one that's not so great (dare I mention last week's Chicken Cordon Bleu episode?). He's been my best friend for almost 5 years now (we met in December 2007), and I thank the Lord for him every single day.

Ok....this was a lot of rambling, all to say that I love this season and can't wait for Thanksgiving to get here, but I'll be enjoying every step of the way til it does. I promise that I'll get better at this blogging thing. Until then, just bear with me. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, I will be following and making comments. This is going to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to see you, Amanda! Daddy and I and, yes, even your little brother, are anxiously awaiting Thanksgiving Day so we can be with you guys again! I love you!

    ReplyDelete