Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Eggs, Spring, Menus and More....

Good afternoon, all!

It has been awhile since I posted anything of any substance due to just being so busy, so I thought I would take a few minutes to share with you all.

Last Saturday night we (several friends, my husband and myself) all got together and dyed about 5 dozen Easter eggs. After sending some home with some of the friends, I will still left with about 3 dozen eggs to use up, so my April menu plan has found lots of dishes with hard-boiled eggs, plus I have a half dozen in the fridge being pickled as we speak. :)

Here is my April 1-15th menu plan. Let me know if you are interested in any of the recipes...

4/1 - Egg salad sandwiches, chips
4/2 - Ham Steaks, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs
4/3 - Egg salad celery bites, Cobb salad sandwiches, chips
4/4 - Waffles
4/5 - Pork chops, boiled eggs, stove-top stuffing, frozen baby veggies
4/6 - Turkey vegetable chili, biscuits
4/7 - Leftovers
4/8 - 4/10 - DSP Conference (A.K.A. Phillip fends for himself) (I normally make food for him before I leave on work trips, but won't have time to do so this time.)
4/11 - Baked potato bar
4/12 - Fish sticks, macaroni and cheese and frozen veggies
4/13 - Corned beef chowder, biscuits
4/14 - Leftovers
4/15 - Taco soup, bread and butter


At work yesterday I finally saw our first real sign that spring may officially be here. Beautiful crocuses blooming!!!! There were 4 beautiful colors, 3 of which appear in the picture...

The above pictures were taken on my new phone, which takes better pictures than the digital camera I used to have. Smart phones are amazing, and I have fallen in love with mine. Someone told me that if I got one, I would never even be able to consider going back to just a normal basic cell phone. HOW. TRUE. Wow... I never knew a simple phone could do so much. I'm giving a huge shout-out to whoever designed the Motorola Droid RAZR M! Last night I bought a pretty silicone purple case for it, and I love it even more. For those of you who know me, you should know I'm all about color, shininess and sparkle. LOL. :)

Ok...I guess I should go. Stay tuned for my next posting, which should be my Peach Melba Pie recipe. See you all soon.


1 comment:

  1. I so love your blog, Honey! Keep up the good work! I love you!

    ReplyDelete